Original Recipe, makes 2 servings for those who want to have their cake and eat it too
- hidden talents
- 1/2 tablespoon of naivety
- fruits of labor
- 1 soul softened
- 1 self-conscious heroine (Note: It’s better if she’s ripening with age, still tender from adolescence, but malleable to different experiences)
- 1 male interest hardened by circumstance (Instinctively, he’s going to want to protect her, but it is necessary to note that he must be rough around the edges and full of dark secrets. This helps create a robust flavor, incomparable to other loves)
- 1 cracked heart and 1 naive heart
- 3 tablespoons of sass (this can come from any of the characters, feel free to be creative with this one)
- A pinch of salt (It’s necessary to accept that sometimes there may be more… everyone is susceptible to a little frustration under pressure)
- 2 cups of lost years (to make the cake light and fresh)
- Assorted fruits of labor
- Blossoming emotions
- 2 & 1/2 teaspoons of tears, an essential in unconventional love
- Prior to the mixture of ingredients, it is necessary to shake the heroine, preferably through a set of trials… this recipe is not meant to be made in one day. We’re going to start with the frosting. Do your best (this is important) to convince your self-conscious heroine that she’s nothing but ordinary, despite her better judgment. Let the mean popular girls overshadow her, you want her to be the best and last. Make sure she’s athletic, and throw in some tears for seasoning. Let her soak in tribulations while you make the frosting.
- To start, mix the softened soul with the hidden talents. Whip them together with a fierce protector, until it starts to rise. Finally, whip in the fruits of labor on low speed (we want to keep these fruits in tact, so it’s important not to apply too much pressure).
- Add the naivety and fold into the mixture with the grace of a nymph. Let stand and begin on the cake.
- Spray an arena shaped pan with nonstick spray, and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring out your self-conscious heroine. Gently wash away her misconceptions of normality, and replace them with startling new knowledge. In one bowl, combine her with the tablespoons of sass and let sit. She needs to do more waiting than she understands.
- In another bowl, combine the male interest hardened by circumstance with the pinch of salt and the cracked and naive hearts. This is accomplished by unforeseen tasks and hardening the male counterpart through years of forgotten experiences in wars and relations (see the Omega miniseries for more direction). With the aid of an electric mixer or some of the Oracle’s powers, mix until fluffy. Add the fruits of labor for an extra hint of sweetness. It is important to maintain a balance- not enough, and the cake will be bittersweet, but add too much, and the cake will become saccharine.
- Next, add the tears into the mixture. Use medium pressure with high expectations to yield the best results.
- In order to ensure the compatibility of the male interest and the self-conscious heroine, slowly pour the cups of lost years into the mixture, stirring as you do so. Here is the part for creativity: if you want extra difficulty, you can add the blossoming feelings now, but if you’d rather wait, you can mix them into the frosting to get a lighter emotional impact.
- Gradually pour the batter into the prepared pan, transferring it into the preheated oven where it will bake for days under the heat of the public scrutiny. After its time is up, remove and cool on a cooling rack for ten minutes.
- After the cake cools, place it onto parchment, cutting it into whichever shape you choose. I chose to things come full circle. Now, you may choose to enjoy this cake with its prepared frosting, or wait until it’s other layers are revealed.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! For more reads like this, or a chance to be entered into our giveaways (updated weekly), follow us on the links below!