Whether or not you’ve read the book, one thing most fans can agree on is that Mismatch is one of the more complicated characters. From his curse to his time spent as an inanimate gargoyle, he’s seen a lot. I wanted to create a playlist that embodied the timelessness and struggle, as well as his loving personality. So without further ado, here it is! Tag us or comment below to let us know what you think! Happy fanning!
1. When someone calls themselves a superfan after reading one book…
Them: “Yeah, I’m SUCH A BIG FAN!”
You: “Oh really? Who’s your favorite character?”
Them: “The one with the hair.. you know? Like I only read one book, but I’m way into it…”
You: *throws shade*
2. When one of your favorite characters dies and your day is ruined
WHY. Reading can be so emotionally draining. Treat yourself.
3. When other fans are shipping two characters you know aren’t written for each other.
In what world, honey?
4. When you lose your place in the middle of an intense scene
You’re just about to find out who the villain is when… your friend knocks your book out of your hand or (insert disaster here). CAN YOU NOT.
5. Your friends confront you about your obvious obsession and response sounds something like…
YOU. DON’T. UNDERSTAND.
6. Fan interactions online… Especially when they involve book related puns 😉
Bravo / Via realitytvgifs.tumblr.com
There’s no kind of friendship like a shared fanship.
Original Recipe, makes 2 servings for those who want to have their cake and eat it too
- hidden talents
- 1/2 tablespoon of naivety
- fruits of labor
- 1 soul softened
- 1 self-conscious heroine (Note: It’s better if she’s ripening with age, still tender from adolescence, but malleable to different experiences)
- 1 male interest hardened by circumstance (Instinctively, he’s going to want to protect her, but it is necessary to note that he must be rough around the edges and full of dark secrets. This helps create a robust flavor, incomparable to other loves)
- 1 cracked heart and 1 naive heart
- 3 tablespoons of sass (this can come from any of the characters, feel free to be creative with this one)
- A pinch of salt (It’s necessary to accept that sometimes there may be more… everyone is susceptible to a little frustration under pressure)
- 2 cups of lost years (to make the cake light and fresh)
- Assorted fruits of labor
- Blossoming emotions
- 2 & 1/2 teaspoons of tears, an essential in unconventional love
- Prior to the mixture of ingredients, it is necessary to shake the heroine, preferably through a set of trials… this recipe is not meant to be made in one day. We’re going to start with the frosting. Do your best (this is important) to convince your self-conscious heroine that she’s nothing but ordinary, despite her better judgment. Let the mean popular girls overshadow her, you want her to be the best and last. Make sure she’s athletic, and throw in some tears for seasoning. Let her soak in tribulations while you make the frosting.
- To start, mix the softened soul with the hidden talents. Whip them together with a fierce protector, until it starts to rise. Finally, whip in the fruits of labor on low speed (we want to keep these fruits in tact, so it’s important not to apply too much pressure).
- Add the naivety and fold into the mixture with the grace of a nymph. Let stand and begin on the cake.
- Spray an arena shaped pan with nonstick spray, and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring out your self-conscious heroine. Gently wash away her misconceptions of normality, and replace them with startling new knowledge. In one bowl, combine her with the tablespoons of sass and let sit. She needs to do more waiting than she understands.
- In another bowl, combine the male interest hardened by circumstance with the pinch of salt and the cracked and naive hearts. This is accomplished by unforeseen tasks and hardening the male counterpart through years of forgotten experiences in wars and relations (see the Omega miniseries for more direction). With the aid of an electric mixer or some of the Oracle’s powers, mix until fluffy. Add the fruits of labor for an extra hint of sweetness. It is important to maintain a balance- not enough, and the cake will be bittersweet, but add too much, and the cake will become saccharine.
- Next, add the tears into the mixture. Use medium pressure with high expectations to yield the best results.
- In order to ensure the compatibility of the male interest and the self-conscious heroine, slowly pour the cups of lost years into the mixture, stirring as you do so. Here is the part for creativity: if you want extra difficulty, you can add the blossoming feelings now, but if you’d rather wait, you can mix them into the frosting to get a lighter emotional impact.
- Gradually pour the batter into the prepared pan, transferring it into the preheated oven where it will bake for days under the heat of the public scrutiny. After its time is up, remove and cool on a cooling rack for ten minutes.
- After the cake cools, place it onto parchment, cutting it into whichever shape you choose. I chose to things come full circle. Now, you may choose to enjoy this cake with its prepared frosting, or wait until it’s other layers are revealed.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! For more reads like this, or a chance to be entered into our giveaways (updated weekly), follow us on the links below!
Do you know the characters? Find out some of the story behind their names by reading the FREE short story series, “Omega Beginnings Miniseries!”
In the spirit of determination, I’ve decided to create a playlist for our protagonist “Alessandra”. Oracle or not, these tracks will help propel you towards a better day. Here’s to kick ass women everywhere!
Click here to listen:
Have any song suggestions of your own? Comment below, or tag us @epicteenfiction or @Lizzyford2010 on twitter or Instagram with your song choice for a chance to be featured in next week’s playlist!
1. Ooh a new book, I’m so excited!
ABC / Via ei666shii.tumblr.com
Ordered this baby online, can’t wait to receive it. Just when I was beginning to slip into postpartum depression from exhausting my Netflix queue … Omega saved the day! #bless #thecountdownbegins
2. It’s here! And.. wow, this is thicker than I expected…
For someone who finishes her novels in a month, Lizzy still doesn’t skimp on quantity. Or quality. Basically she’s #goals.
Nonetheless… challenge accepted. *rolls up sleeves*
3. Okay, time to get started.
Disney / Buzzfeed/ Via thatdisneygif.tumblr.com
Low key have my own reading set up… Tea? check. Snacks? check. Fangirl mode? Double check.
4. Almost this entire description of Alessandra is me…
Disney/ Via thatdisneygif.tumblr.com
Lives in yoga pants and athletic retire? Can’t win with makeup? #relatable
5. Whoa, Alessandra’s a bad ass but she doesn’t even know it?
Disney/ Via http://williesun.com/tag/mulan/
Student by day, and wilderness explorer by night. Casual. There’s something about books with female protagonists that makes you question how it’s even possible for them to be oblivious to their own talents. Almost makes you question if you’re overlooking your own.
6. Ohmygod, I’m getting really emotionally invested.
Disney/ Via http://weheartit.com/missania/collections/21416942-fairytales
You’re not even a third of the way into the book and you’re already Team Lys. You know which characters you do and don’t like, and hope Lys feels the same. Also, you start talking to the book like they can hear you. Or maybe that’s just me…
7. Lying about having plans so you can stay in and finish reading
Extra/ Rihanna/ Via http://giphy.com/gifs/rihanna-work-busy-3oEduVBmyRPHLI8IyQ
All your friends are going to the pool, and you’re pretending to do assigned reading to a) avoid melting in the sun b) keep reading c) avoid melting in the sun d) definitely finish reading
8. This was definitely worth staying in for
ABC/ Via http://reactiongifs.com/?p=16704
Who says you can’t make a good decision on a whim? All you can think is that you’ve #nailedit
9. Having all of the feels
DreamWorks/ Via http://reactiongifs.com/?p=15819
This is the break off point. Who do you want Lys to choose? Who would you choose? So many questions. So many misunderstandings. So many unspoken emotions. So many hot male characters.
10. Thank God for an emotional break.. oh wait, NO LYS WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
Giphy/ Via http://giphy.com/gifs/regret-decision-11Ae0M7zGaQhnG
It’s just one big emotional journey. First you were #TeamHerakles. Then you were #TeamMismatch. Then you realized you were living a lie. Now you’re just a mess.
11. Edge of your seat anticipation..
FOX/ Via http://giphy.com/gifs/scared-family-guy-nervous-MFR8ycs6Ss7pm
He did what? Oh my gods what is she going to choose?
12. That was a plot twist, FOR SURE.
Disney/ Via http://giphy.com/gifs/story-toy-iQidCLEchWI4o
I can’t wait to see what happens next.. but I have to wait a whole year? Ugh. I NEED TO KNOW.
13. What do I do now?
MTV/ Via http://giphy.com/gifs/ryan-gosling-confused-umwRSMxcXW31m
You laughed, you cried, you fangirled/boyed your heart out. Either way your life has been changed and you don’t know what it means. Now what?
“Omega” is set to be released on October 26th in both paperback and ebook.
Preorder your copy here:
For more news follow us on…
@omegafandom on Instagram
@epicteenfiction and @Lizzyford2010 on Twitter
Welcome to the Omega Fandom, your home for news about the young adult dystopian (with Greek gods!) “Omega Series,” by Lizzy Ford!
Over the next few months, we’ll post information about the Fandom membership, giveaways, Omega ARC opportunities, our push to see the series on TV/movies, and other updates on the series!
Want to help us spread the word? Follow, share, read and participate in the activities we’ll be posting about!!